Welcome and Research Tips
This resource guide can direct you to many useful resources related to botany. Use the tabs across the top of this page to navigate the contents of this guide.
- Clearly identify your information need
- Identify key words and search terms to match your topic
- Develop search statements using advanced search techniques
- Boolean logic, phrase searching, truncation
- Use the Stewart Library Catalog to find books
- Use the Article Databases to find databases related to your topic and search these databases to find articles
- Use Interlibrary Loan to get materials that are not available in the Stewart Library
- Use Search Engines to find web information
- Carefully evaluate the information you find for usefulness and quality
- Revise your search terms and strategy to expand or narrow your results
- Once you have found information online email, print or save the information. Or if you have found a book, check it out at the circulation desk.
- Use the appropriate Citation Style to document and cite research
- Ask for Help at Reference, via phone or email