Stewart Library Catalog -find location and availability of books and other media in Stewart Library.
- Books on the visual arts are generally located within the call number N in the Reference area and General Collection.
- Books on crafts, photography and the technology relating to art are located in the T's in the Reference area and General Collection
WorldCat -for listings of exhibition catalogs, books and media in many other catalogs.
Subject Searching in Catalogs and Databases
Using keywords of your choosing or Library of Congress Subject Headings, it may be helpful to search by:
- artist's name: Pablo Picasso, Rembrandt, etc.
- artistic style: impressionism, gothic, etc.
- time period: art, modern--20th century or art, baroque--Italy, etc.
- artistic medium: painting, sculpture, drawing, etc.
- nationality/culture: art, buddhist, art, german; painting, american, etc.
- genre: landscape painting; portrait painting, etc.
- movement: impressionism, expressionism, futurism, surrealism, etc.
- theory: modernism, feminism, Marxism, etc
Also note: Exhibition Catalogs are often cataloged by artist, subject, and museum or gallery and Museum Catalogs are usually cataloged by the name of the museum.
If we do not own a particular book or article you need, we will borrow it for you from another library through Interlibrary Loan. Interlibrary Loan is a free service.