Utah Job Resources
- Monster Search by location. Select Provo area for jobs in Provo area and south, select Salt Lake City for Ogden, Brigham City, Salt Lake City, etc.
- Ski and Summer Jobs from Cool Works
Jobs at ski resorts, parks, ranches, etc.
- Utah Business Directories Find listings of Utah businesses
- Utah Dept. of Workforce Services Good starting place for job info in Utah
- Utah Hospitality Jobs Find jobs in hotels, resorts, and restaurants
- Yahoo! Careers Limit by keyword and state to find job openings around the state or specify city
- Indeed Find jobs by limiting by keyword and area
- Linkedin A professional social network. Find jobs on Linkedin and also get connected to individuals in a specific workplace or career field
- KSL Job listings Local Joblisting through KSL classifieds
Reference resources include encyclopedias, dictionaries and other materials you use to "refer" to. Resources on careers, employment, and national exams (ACT, CLEP, etc.) can be found on the middle level of the library. Books on colleges, graduate programs, and resumes, etc. are also in the reference section. If you need help finding a book please ask at the Reference Desk.
For local job listings, try looking in the classified section of Utah newspapers. These are located on the main level of Stewart Library in the current periodicals section. For a list of WSU newspaper databases, use the Article Databases and search by subject for News.
Although finding a job can be difficult and time consuming here are some things you can do to make it easier.
- Let people know you are looking for a job Around 75% of people find jobs through people they already know instead of online
- Search Company websites Not all companies post their jobs in classified ads or through online job lists. If you want to work for a specific company check out their website to see their job openings.
- Keep a positive attitude