Last Updated: Apr 2, 2013
This guide is designed to assist students researching for Introduction to Dance.
- Clearly identify your information need
- Identify key words and search terms to match your topic
- Develop search statements using advanced search techniques such as Boolean logic, adjacency searching and truncation.
- Use the Online catalog to find books, videos and other materials
- Use an appropriate article database to find journal articles, ask a librarian for help if you're not sure what's best
- Use Interlibrary loan to get materials that are not in Stewart Library
- Use search engines to find Web information
- Carefully evaluate the information you find for usefulness and quality
- Revise your search terms and strategy to expand or narrow your results, be creative, look in other areas
- Use appropriate style to document and cite research
- Ask for HELP at Reference , via phone, chat, or email
- To check database status, new sources, etc. follow us on Twitter: http://twitter.com/stewartlibrary (NOTE you don't need an account to read our page.)