Welcome and Research Tips
This resource guide can direct you to many useful resources related to microbiology. Use the tabs across the top of this page to navigate between print and web resources, as well as journal articles and books. Below are some research tips.
- Clearly identify your information need
- Identify key words and search terms to match your topic
- Develop search statements using advanced search techniques
- Boolean logic, phrase searching, truncation
- Use the Stewart Library Catalog to find books
- Use the Article Databases page to find databases related to your topic and search these databases to find articles
- Use Interlibrary Loan to get materials that are not available in the Stewart Library
- Use Search Engines to find web information
- Carefully evaluate the information you find for usefulness and quality
- Revise your search terms and strategy to expand or narrow your results
- Once you have found information from an internet site you can email the documents to yourself, print or save them.
- Use appropriate Citation Style to document and cite research
- Ask for Help at Reference, via phone or email