Legal Resources on the Web
The guide provides a selective list of free legal resources on the Web. Please note that some of these sites provide links to subscription based services that may not available to Weber State students. They may also provide links to sites that charge for information.
- Lawyers Database on Martindale Search by location, lawyer name, law firm, and specialty. You can even search for a lawyer who speaks a specific language. International coverage.
- Law Firm Directory from LexisNexis Search by locaation, lawyer name, law firm name and practice area.
- Attorneys from Attorneys.com Search by legal area and zip code, or browse by legal area.
- HierosGamos Lawyers and Law Firms Worldwide: Browse by name, location and area of practice. Includes clickable map.
- FindLaw Lawyer Search Search by location, including zipcode, names, specialty, and law firm. Also includes information on choosing and interviewing a lawyers and legal fees.
- LawInfo Lawyers Directory Search by area code or specialty. Some international coverage. Includes information on bail bond, paralegal resources, process servers, etc.
- Lawyer Directory from Justia.com: Browse by practice area, state and city.
- Legal Forms from Lexis-Nexis Links to do-it-yourself personal and business forms.
- Forms and Contracts from Findlaw Links to a variety of federal and state forms, as well as forms on various topics. Includes links to other form sites.
- FindForms.com A database of free legal forms. Search by keyword or browse by topic.
- LawInfo.com Search for free forms by keyword, subject and/or state.
- Free Legal Froms from Justia.com Browse by state, category or title.
Find Law Codes and Statutes
- U.S. Code Searchable versions of the U.S. Code from Cornell University Law School
- Utah Code Searchable and downloadable version of the Utah Code.
- FindLaw State Laws Collection Browse list of links to state laws by state or by topic.
- State Law and Agencies from Lexis-Nexis Browse list of links to state legal reasources.
- Laws and Regulations from Justia.com Links to federal and state laws and regulations.
Find Federal and State Cases
- U.S. Supreme Court (Historic Decisions) Search and view full text of U.S. Supreme Court decisions issued between 1937 and 1975.
- U.S. Supreme Court (Recent Decisions) Browse links to full text of recent U.S. Supreme Court decisions.
- Oyez: U.S. Supreme Court Multimedia Database Multimedia database of U.S. Supreme Court resources, including full text of cases, transcripts/and or recordings of oral arguments, briefs, etc.
- Google Scholar Legal Opinions and Journals Search federal and state legal opinions as well as law journals. Be sure to click on the "Legal opinions and journals" radio button. Note that law journal articles may not be free.
- Utah Courts Home Page Provides access to Utah Supreme Court and Court of Appeals decisions.
Find Legal Information by Topic
- FedLaw Links to federal government legal information.
- FindLaw: Learn about the Law Guide to legal information by practice area.
- Hieros Gamos: Legal Practice Areas Guide to worldwide legal information by topic.
- Justia.com: Law & Legal Information: Browse legal information by practice area.
- 'Lectric Law Library Tounque in cheek guide to legal information resources on the web.
- Legal Topics from LawInfo.com Guide to a variety of legal topics and issues.
- Understand Your Legal Issue from Lexis-Nexis Guide to information on legal issues by practice area.
Legal Research Guides
- BYU Howard W. Hunter W. Hunter Law Library LibGuides
- Columbia Law School Library Research Guides
- Cornell Law Library Research Guides
- Duke University School of Law Libary Research Guides
- Gallagher Law Library Legal Research Guides, University of Washington
- Georgetown Law Library Research Guides
- Harvard Law School Library Research Guides
- Stanford Law Library Brief Guide to Low/No Cost Online American Legal Research
- University of Utah Quinney Law Library Research Guides (look under Research)