Where do I start?
Pull up a list of all health-related databases by going to the library homepage (library.weber.edu). Click on the Article Databases link and select "Nursing" from the subject menu.
From the list, select EbscoHost.
- From the list of Ebsco databases, choose one or more of the following (this will let you search multiple databases at once):
- Academic Search Premier
- Alt Health Watch (for alternative health-related topics)
- CINAHL (nursing and allied health topics)
- Health Source: Nursing and Academic Edition
- PsycINFO (for topics related to psychology)
For basic health and nursing topics, choose Academic Search Premier, CINAHL, Health Source, and Medline. This should be sufficient to give you what you need.
Note 1: Searching multiple databases at one time may cause you to miss some important results because not every database uses the same terminology.
Note 2: The library provides access to two versions of the Medline database: Medline (EbscoHost) and PubMed-Medline. While the vast majority of article results will be the same in both databases, there are some differences, and the databases themselves look quite different. Medline (EbscoHost) is provided because the search interface is familiar to many upper-division students who have used databases like Academic Search Premier. PubMed-Medline is provided because that is the search interface that is freely available to anyone and what you are likely to see used in hospitals and clinics.
Office: LI 149, Stewart Library
Office Phone: 801-626-6069
Office Hours by Appointment